Camille, at Croque-Camille, has tagged me with a Six-Random-Things-About-Me meme. I thought about listing six silly things that would probably be meaningless and hopefully humorous, but decided that I would really open up and share six things about me that show you a look into who I am. But before I do that, here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
So here are six things you may or may not want to know about me.
1. My favorite color is purple. I really, really love purple. My bedroom is purple and I drove a purple car for ten years. My granddaughter calls me the "Purple Grandma."
2. I was a hippie back in the 60s. Peace.
3. My favorite movie is The Wizard of Oz.
4. I won the San Diego Spelling Bee when I was in fifth grade. (I was a writer and a wordie even back then!)
5. My little brother was adopted from Korea. He passed away on Monday. My trip to Florida last month was to visit him--to say goodbye and to let him know that I love him. I will be forever thankful that we got to spend that time together. Family is so very important and it's really important to let the people you love know that you love them. Love is the only thing you get to take with you.
6. I believe in reincarnation--I've written several books about it--so
I know I'll get to be with my brother again.
And now I get to tag six people to find out six random things about them:
1. Teresa, at Mexican American Border Cooking.
2. Meg, at Megan's Munchies.
3. Reeni, at Cinnamon, Spice, and Everything Nice.
4. Joan, at Foodalogue.
5. Arlene, at The Food of Love.
6. Megan, at Megan's Cookin.
If you weren't tagged, feel free to share six random things about yourself, either in the comments or on your blog. I love getting to know foodies. :)